Thanks to the Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® (DAAR) we are pleased to announce that the second Virginia Real Estate BloggerCon, a full day of peer-to-peer learning with your fellow real estate bloggers, will be held in Leesburg, Virginia on Friday, April 4, 2008. Bring your laptop, connect to DAAR’s free WiFi hotspot, and learn from tech-savvy REALTORS® just like you who run their businesses with a technology flair. The event is FREE, but we are requesting a $10 donation to Habitat for Humanity to be paid when you register.
- Stupid blog tricks (set up roundtables for WordPress, Typepad, Blogger and Active Rain blogging platforms, and learn from your peers about how to trick out your blog)
- Widgets that work (from Plugoo to Vyew, Meebo to Wufoo and every crazy Web 2.0 company name in between, what widgets deliver real value?)
- How to write for SEO and not come across like a robot
- Book reports (Wikinomics, Here Comes Everybody, Freakonomics, whatever’s hot on your reading list)
- Legal, ethical and regulatory implications for REALTORS® using social media
- Integrating other social networking sites (Linkedin, Facebook, etc.) into your blogging efforts
Plus, I am very excited to announce that Keith Garner, Managing Director of NAR’s Center for REALTOR® Technology (CRT), will prepare a presentation and join us for lunch. As CRT’s managing director, Keith is at the epicenter of NAR’s member-facing technology efforts, including RETS. Of special note to the blogging crowd, he is one of two people at NAR responsible for instituting the Blogger’s Lounge at NAR’s mid-year and annual meetings.
As a reminder, seating for this event is EXTREMELY limited. There is space for 30, and there are only 21… make that
20 15 12 seats left! Register now!