May 08, 2008
You’ll find Perfect Opportunities to increase your earning power and grow your network at VAR’s Convention & Expo 2008
08 May 2008
Posted by Andrew Kantor
First things first: Yes, it’s more than a little ironic that the Virginia Association of REALTORS® is holding its annual convention in Baltimore instead of, say, New Baltimore, Virginia. Go ahead: shake your head and chuckle. But there’s a ton to love about VAR’s Convention & Expo 2008:
- If you love to shop at Target stores, our opening keynoter is largely responsible for your affection. If you call the store “Tar-zhay,” thank Robyn Waters. Under her leadership as Target’s VP of Trend, Design and Product Development, Waters helped transform the retailer from an unremarkable, low-cost, low-service, low-profit retailer to an upscale discount shopping mecca. There was no such thing as an upscale discount store at the time Target started its turnaround. Discover how embracing paradoxes can help you make more money by developing a niche nobody else has thought of.
- Calling all real estate bloggers! Virginia Real Estate BloggerCon continues its streak as the longest-running series of peer-to-peer learning experiences specifically for REALTOR® bloggers. You know that once you get to a certain point, the so-called “blogging experts” can’t help you anymore. To truly grow, you need to learn from those who are blogging alongside you day in and day out. This four hour session is your opportunity to learn from those very people.
- Wall-to-wall Lem Marshall. Need we say more? Not really, but we will anyway… Nobody knows real estate ethics and law like VAR’s Special Counsel, and we have four sessions with Lem. You can get nearly eight hours’ worth of Virginia real estate ethics and legal updates from the undisputed expert at VAR’s Convention & Expo 2008.
- So much networking that even the most outgoing extrovert will need to take a little “me time.” Our host hotel is big enough to accommodate all attendees, so you’re sure to bump into fellow attendees in the halls, the bar, the gym, the indoor pool. And of course, VAR is known for its remarkable hospitality, and this year’s convention is no exception. You’ll make new contacts and reconnect with long-time friends at the Opening Reception and Inaugural Party. Even if you’re a little shy, we have a speed networking session to kick-start your schmoozing.
- You get the full conference experience for one low price. If you resent paying several hundred dollars for a conference only to find that the receptions and meals aren’t included, we feel for you. That’s why all breakfasts, lunches and receptions are included in the price of admission to VAR’s Convention & Expo.
And that’s far from everything. Baltimore is a scenic, historic and exciting city, and our host hotel is right on the Inner Harbor, right in the epicenter of the action. You’ll be informed by the substantive education. You’ll grow your contact list through the networking. You’ll be inspired by the experience.
This is a perfect opportunity to prepare yourself for the inevitable market rebound. Don’t miss it! Registration is open now.