Jul 18, 2008
Your competition thanks you
18 Jul 2008
Posted by VAR
Sunday, July 20 at 11:59 p.m. is your last opportunity to register for VAR’s Convention & Expo 2008 at the early bird rate, saving you up to $80. Not attending VAR this year? Your competition is pleased with your decision:
Hi, remember me? Your friendly competition? Look, as friendly as we are, let me be brutally frank.
I’m glad you haven’t registered for VAR’s Convention & Expo.
It’s a tough market, in case you hadn’t heard, and I want every edge I can get over you my competitors. Here’s what I’ll be getting at the Convention while you stay home and hold down the fort:
- I’m going to network, face to face, with REALTORS®, brokers, and business leaders from all over the state. So I’ll be picking up new ideas, while you’re doing the same old, same old.
- Sure, you can read Robyn Waters’s book, but I get to hear her talk, in person, about trends specific to real estate. I might even stop her or Andy Sernovitz or Douglas Rushkoff in the halls and ask them some questions, one on one! So I’ll be just a bit better prepared for the next year. And you?
- Every few months you may get to hear Lem Marshall speak on a topic or two. I’m going to be able to catch him four times in a couple of days. (Not only will I get to ask questions, I’ll also hear what other people are asking.)
- You know how when you come back from a conference and you’re full of good ideas? That’ll be me, and you’ll be… cold calling the same old prospects.
- When you’re scrambling to meet your CE requirements, I’ll have already taken care of them. Have you seen how many sessions qualify?
- In less than two hours, I’ll be able to learn about 50 free (or cheap) tech tools I can use in my business. You’ll still be flipping through PC Magazine.
- I can go on a swanky harbor cruise and it’s a tax deductible business expense. Seriously.
- VAR is expecting more than 70 exhibitors at the expo. It’ll be one-stop shopping for marketing material, value-adds for clients, technology, and a lot of other stuff. Stuff that you won’t learn about for months.
So yeah, I’ll take a few days and spend a few hundred bucks. But I’m virtually guaranteed to close at least one more sale based on what I’ll learn and who I’ll meet at VAR’s Convention & Expo 2008. That’s a hefty return on my investment. And that’s why I’m glad you’re not going… and I am.