Aug 06, 2008
VAR Policy Board makes quick work of meeting
06 Aug 2008
Posted by VAR
What is traditionally a two day meeting was slashed to one day as the VAR policy board moved expeditiously through their agenda last week and adjourned early (I assure you there were no tee-times involved). Here are some notable outcomes from the meeting:
- Cindy Stackhouse of Dumfries was elected President-Elect for 2009.
- In 2007, John Powell of Colonial Heights was elected President-Elect, and will automatically ascend to President in 2009 in accordance with VAR’s bylaws.
- John Daly of Newport News was elected VAR Treasurer 2009-2010 (VAR Treasurer serves a two year term).
- John Dickinson of Union Church was elected 2009 Vice President.
- The Policy Board voted to recommend the strategic planning work group’s finalized strategic plan to the Delegate Body, who holds the ultimate authority to approve VAR’s strategic plan.
- Because the Delegate Body will not have the opportunity to approve the strategic plan until their next meeting in September, the Policy Board approved a preliminary 2009 budget. If the Delegate Body approves the strategic plan, VAR staff will prepare a budget that more accurately reflects the initiatives in the proposed strategic plan.
As a reminder, all VAR members are welcome at Policy Board meetings and their meeting schedule is published on the association calendar at VARealtor.com.