A cheater in our midst

The results of the second round of Blog Brawl 2 will be slightly delayed. Here’s why:

About Andrew Kantor

Andrew is VAR's editor and information manager, and -- lessee now -- a former reporter for the Roanoke Times, former technology columnist for USA Today, and a former magazine editor for a bunch of places. He hails from New York with stops in Connecticut, New Jersey, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Roanoke.

23 Responses to A cheater in our midst

1. Hear that? Andrew said the cheater is a “he”! That means not “me” nor Heather! Girls rule! Vote for us! Lo Co Musings and Hampton Roads – Tina in Virginia!

2. LOL. A warning to the cheater: Cut it out, or we take away Andrew’s meds.

3. Andrew scares me, a little….

4. He’s not that bad….I mean, as long as u own a taser

5. You have a taser? Glad I’m not the cheater. Who knew that the VAR boys were so violent?!? Knives, tasers.. What’s Ben carrying? (hiding out in an undisclosed location in northern Virginia..)

6. I was just eating an apple. Sheesh, it’s not like I skipped my thorazine injection or something.

7. I guess someone is taking this contest a little too seriously. I voted once, but felt that was un-fair because there was only one blog i wanted to vote for, the others I was forced to vote for, even though I did not want to do so.

I know something serious is going on when I get a text AND a phone call from Tina during the day, asking me why I’m cheating. As the great poets Shaggy and RikRok said, “It wasn’t me.”

9. Bob H says:

ok I’ve put in my 2 cents good luck Heahter and everyone else

10. From the Preamble of the REALTOR Code of Ethics:

Such interests impose obligations beyond those of ordinary commerce. They impose grave social responsibility and a patriotic duty to which REALTORS® should dedicate themselves, and for which they should be diligent in preparing themselves. REALTORS®, therefore, are zealous to maintain and improve the standards of their calling and share with their fellow REALTORS® a common responsibility for its integrity and honor.

Um, also it might be a good idea to search case laws regarding the use of technology in manipulating contests that offer a price of value..

Actually forget all that – did you see Andrew with that knife? Doesn’t it scare anyone that a guy holding a knife knows what Thorazine is and how to spell it?!?!?!

11. Jovan Hackley –

“You stole my apple”

Classic LOL…

12. @Matthew: Sheesh, I was just cutting an apple! Feeling guilty, perhaps? Hearing the sound of a beating heart from under the floorboards?

Thump-thump, thump-thump….

13. Everyone knows I’m not smart enough to be able to vote more than once! Plus, my girl’s out; so what do I care!?!?! :)

However, it was nice of you to know that I love random and archaic Poe references. You’re very considerate for a guy with a knife!

14. Loren Nason says:

I say you announce the cheater out on video and by writing the name and domain name but w/o a link

Have fun with it :-)

15. So if I were to hack the votes and make my competitor look like they were winning, while KNOWING that you are going to kick them off… wouldn’t that be a good strategy to eliminate your competition?

Andrew put a beating heart under the floor boards? Uhm … is everyone else at VAR okay?

17. Brian Block says:

Does this mean that voting is extended? I’m still hoping that ACORN helps me to get out the rest of the votes.

18. Hi Andrew. I commend you for your efforts and agree that computer scripting shouldn’t be allowed in the competition. As the marketing firm for Brian Chase, we have used many creative ways to encourage people to vote for Brian. For example, with Brian’s suggestion, we changed the motivation to benefit kids in the community with $1 per vote going to Toys for Tots. It’s unfair to everyone who worked so hard (not to mention the kids for Toys for Tots) to have their efforts negated by a computer script that automatically cast votes.

You mean I was battling a computer? Sigh … they really have taken over the world. Hey Block – any of those ACORN volunteers available down here in SWVA?

20. Ginger says:

Beware of the man with the knife. Scary.

21. re: HEATHER – “violent” is such an ugly word…we are Smackdown Manufacturers.

22. Jovan…okay then, please don’t ‘manufacture’ any ‘smackdown’ on me, mmmkay?? =)