REBarCamp Virginia: March 3, 2009 at FAAR

UPDATED: Please visit
www.REBarCamp.com/virginia to RSVP

Well, that post subject pretty much says it all.

VAR is stretching the longest-running series of peer-to-peer learning experiences specifically for real estate bloggers, but instead of holding Virginia Real Estate BloggerCon 4.0, we’re getting on board with the national REBarCamp movement. So mark your calendars for March 3, 2009 for a full day of bloggers teaching bloggers at the Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS®.

FAAR is offering up their state of the art classroom for our use, including (of course) free wifi. Several hotels with reasonable rates are available just a few blocks away from FAAR’s offices for those who may be traveling in from a distance. Exact details are still being ironed out, but here’s what we’ve got so far:

• Date: March 3, 200
  • Time: 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (tentative)
  • Location: FAAR (map)

24 Responses to REBarCamp Virginia: March 3, 2009 at FAAR

1. It’s on the calendar!

2. Brian Block says:

Ben, I’ll plan on being there.

3. Yes indeed, your champ will be in attendance. =)

4. Where the heck is Fredericksburg?

I’ll be there.

Matthew – Fredericksburg is a little ways’ north of Charlottesville.

6. And here I sat wondering why the heck you were going to discuss rebar on a realtor blog. Hehe it became self explanatory as I read. Note – rebar is the reinforcement bars or thick netting put into concrete to reinforce the finished project. But you prob knew that.

7. I am marking my calendar now. I will be there.

8. Ben,
    I will be there. Have also extended an invite to my office. Might possibly bring another 30 + agents.
    Let me know if we can assist somehow.
    Thanks for bringing ReBar Camp to VA

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays !

Anyone up for breakfast prior to the camp ?

9. Looks like a great stop on the Altos Research World Tour. Count us in Ben!

10. So are they teaching advanced stuff or intro stuff at this blogger teaching blogger event?

11. Cindy Jones says:

I’ll be there. Can’t wait.

12. @Morristown: I’d say the content ranges pretty wide at these events, but keep in mind that virtually everyone who attends has been blogging for at least a few months, so most of the audience is intermediate to advanced.

13. Tina Merritt says:

I’ll be there! Who will be sponsoring Beer for Bloggers?

14. I just recently attended REBarCamp in Houston, Texas and it was great. Anyone thinking of missing it should rethink their stance. It was a great place to meet new people, network and learn. I was truely disappointed in the number of agents that showed up to the one in Houston. Oh….wait maybe not that means I know more than my competition. Well never mind let them not show. JK

15. REBarCamp is great I attended the one in Houston just a couple of months ago and feel that it is a must. Anyone thinking of missing it needs to reevaluate their position. It is more than worth the time spent.

16. Drew Fristoe says:

I will be there! Anyone want to carpool?

17. WooT WooT! Something in my town! I’ll be there! And I’ll be in a good mood, cause I don;t have to get up early. Only live 2 miles away!

18. Thanks, Matt W, for directing me to this post. I’m thrilled to have such a great event so close to home and plan to be there! Okay, now to find a geek to help me get my wordpress blog up and running soon…

19. Brian Block says:

Uh oh. I just realized that I unfortunately cannot be at REBarCamp Virginia — I’ll be in Las Vegas for the RE/MAX Int’l Convention. Please send my regards to everyone. And don’t give away all of my secrets.

20. Monika says:

Jay and I will be there! Can’t wait!

21. Ann Cummings says:

I just might be there, too!! ;-)