Blog Brawl. The Finals.

This is it. The end. The finals. The last chance. End of the line. The big one.

It’s last year’s Blog Brawl winner, FosterCityBlog.com vs. the sizzle of Miamism.com.

Both will score free registration to Inman’s Real Estate Connect San Francisco 2009 including Bloggers Connect. But only the big winner also gets $1,000 spending money travel allowance.

(Note to the winner, whichever you are: You’re expected to buy at least one round of drinks.)

Voting opens at 1:30 EDT today, and it ends at 9:00 a.m. EDT Friday. We’ll announce the big winner at noon Friday, when we’re sure our West Coast friends are awake.

Go forth and vote. And good luck to everyone!

About Andrew Kantor

Andrew is VAR's editor and information manager, and -- lessee now -- a former reporter for the Roanoke Times, former technology columnist for USA Today, and a former magazine editor for a bunch of places. He hails from New York with stops in Connecticut, New Jersey, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Roanoke.

16 Responses to Blog Brawl. The Finals.

1. Jay Thompson says:

I’ve got nothing at all against Jim at Foster City Blog, but let’s face it. Foster City is 25 miles south of San Francisco where Inman Connect is being held. Ines at Miamism is over 3,000 miles away.

It would seem Ines could use the $1,000 travel allowance more than Jim.

On the other hand, Jim would have significantly more spare change to buy drinks with. ;)

None-the-less, I voted Miamism. But I look forward to meeting Jim too!!

2. Jim Minkey says:

I’m looking forward to buying a round win or lose!

Jay, looking forward to it!

Andrew…don’t be so sure that 12:00 noon is late enough to insure we’ll be awake out here!

3. Jason Farris says:

Well said Jay! I will be driving up from Fresno and would be happy to pick Jim up in Foster City on my way :-)

4. Ines says:

Hey Jay – you so crack me up – this whole contest has given me indigestion (going against my friends) – either way….I smell MOJITOS in the horizon!

5. Rail Life says:

did someone say Mojitos?

6. Poppy Dinsey says:

Proud to vote for the hottest woman in real estate (or event he world?), we can all learn so much from you Ines!

7. I need Ines back in California so obviously I voted for her. I’m sorry Jim but I have to have my girl’s back. I will buy you a drink win or lose but I hope I can buy both of you a good old fashioned Mojito at the same time.

8. SteveTinFC says:

Jim — if you win, I suggest you donate the travel money to Rebuilding Together Peninsula, which will put the money to good use in rebuilding homes for low-income families here on the SF Peninsula. That is, the money that is left over after buying a round of Mojitos for everyone!!

9. Jim,

Keep up the great work! You are the best!

Blessings,

Barbara M.

10. Jay – Your rationalization of who you should pick is classic. However, you know that if Ines wins and follows the “you’re expected to buy at least one round” you will be sipping a mojito in no time.

11. Jay Thompson says:

Matt – I’ve got documented evidence that Ines has owed me a mojito for a LONG time. I am a mojito virgin.

And now I’ve got documented evidence that Jim is buying a round too, win or lose!

12. Jim Minkey says:

Jay- Something tells me that I may be thinking the circumference of the word “round” is a tad bit smaller than you may be expecting. But I do promise to make good on that promise!

13. Lydia Leibs says:

go fostercityblog! you can do this jim, without even twittering, because, just like you, your blog is simply the best!!!

14. my vote is in!
    Best of luck to both of you!

15. Jay Thompson says:

Jim – I only need you to buy a round for one person…. ;)

16. Jay – Why not just collect on both?