Mar 18, 2009
Call for speakers: VAR’s Convention & Expo 2009
18 Mar 2009
Posted by VAR
It’s just about time to start talking Convention & Expo again, but first we have to get the speakers lined up. And we could use a little – no, actually, a LOT – of your help with that.
We’re calling on Virginia Realtors to take the stage and share what they know this September at VAR’s Convention & Expo 2009. Are you a great speaker? Do you know a great speaker? If you answered yes to either of these questions, check out www.VARealtor.com/SpeakerForm to learn how to be chosen as a presenter at VAR’s Convention & Expo 2009.
At www.VARealtor.com/SpeakerForm you can submit your own proposal. Not interested in speaking? Please pass this information to your favorite real estate educator.
We have a very limited number of speaking slots, and competition for them will be intense because selected speakers will receive:
- FREE registration to VAR’s Convention & Expo 2009
- One complimentary night in The Homestead during the Convention (tres chic!)
- Advance publicity in Convention & Expo marketing materials
- Prestige of presenting to Virginia’s most influential Realtors at VAR’s biggest event of the year
As you fill out your proposal, keep these things in mind:
- Sessions will last approximately one hour
- Sessions that align with VAR’s strategic goals and core competencies (risk management, positioning Realtors as trusted advisors, ethics, emerging business, economic or industry trends) will be looked on favorably
- Sessions that qualify for Continuing Education pursuant to the Virginia Real Estate Board’s regulations will be looked on favorably
- To be considered, you will have to submit a recorded video audition
This is an experiment for us, and we hope to be able to expand the program in 2010 when we head to the Virginia Beach Convention Center for our 2010 – 2012 conventions. Stay tuned.
But in the meantime, sharpen your pencil, plan out your session, and submit your proposal before April 30.