Great idea or major can of worms?

Should we do this?

About Andrew Kantor

Andrew is VAR's editor and information manager, and -- lessee now -- a former reporter for the Roanoke Times, former technology columnist for USA Today, and a former magazine editor for a bunch of places. He hails from New York with stops in Connecticut, New Jersey, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Roanoke.

14 Responses to Great idea or major can of worms?

1. Please, NO! Unless it’s me . . .

2. You’re kidding me, right? Stay FAR, FAR AWAY from something like this.

Nope. That’s the kind of crap (IMHO) that serves to trivialize what we’re trying to achieve and project – professionalism and competency.

4. Just a Bad Idea…. leave it to California to start something like this.

5. Brian Block says:

Ah come on, lighten up… why not? As long as it’s tastefully done.

6. mary dykstra says:

Hmmm. Major can of worms. Sexy REALTOR is generally an oxymoron. Wonder if we didn’t have a winner?

7. Toni Yates says:

Another example of de-professionalising the Realtor. Sorry, this is the last thing we need right now. Or perhaps I’m just jealous…..

8. Donna Patton says:

We have a hard enough time with our image being less that professional, to do something like this. I agree “leave it to CA”.

9. Doug Ford says:

Wow, people already beat us up on Blog sites. We really need more bad publicity so we fit in with their worst expectations. Not to mention the safety nightmare it could cause with showing to new clients/buyers. While it seems like fun, serious types could really get the wrong impression and steer clear of participants. <:(

10. As my teenager daughter would say . . . “Seriously?!?!”

11. Susan Mekenney says:

This is my first statement to this blog–which by the way, I really admire–blog not statement. I am shocked and surprised this amazingly professional blog/organization, would even consider subcribing to/supporting/participating in such an endeavor. In my opinion, we are way above such tactics. My two cents.

12. @Susan — When I saw that California thing, I thought, “You have got to be kidding!” So suggesting it was 90 percent as a joke. So no, we’re not considering doing such a thing — except maybe on April 1. ;-)

13. Scott Brunner, CEO says:

Trust me, he was kidding.

14. Thank you, Scott. Once again, your bring sanity to the forefront.