National Real Estate Blog Brawl Round III

survivor-brawl We’re getting down to the wire, boys and girls. You know what to do: Vote, and beg, borrow, and plead for votes!

Voting in this round ends 8:59 AM (EDT) Friday, March 27.

In case you forgot what’s at stake here:

The winner gets a free registration to Inman’s Real Estate Connect San Francisco 2009 including Bloggers Connect plus $1000 spending money travel allowance. That’s worth up to $1,939! For blogging!

Second place gets that free registration to Real Estate Connect and Bloggers Connect — a minimum $529 value (and one that really could be worth up to $939).

minohdBTW, a big shout-out right here to the good folks at Inman News for sponsoring the Blog Brawl. We love you, guys!

Finally, third and fourth places will have to pay their own way to Real Estate Connect, but they’ll each be able to record their adventures with a Flip Mino HD pocket camcorder! W00t! (And we can say from first-hand experience that this is one of the coolest toys around, and the video is outstanding.)

All that said, get to it and good hunting!

About Andrew Kantor

Andrew is VAR's editor and information manager, and -- lessee now -- a former reporter for the Roanoke Times, former technology columnist for USA Today, and a former magazine editor for a bunch of places. He hails from New York with stops in Connecticut, New Jersey, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Roanoke.

17 Responses to National Real Estate Blog Brawl Round III

1. Jay Thompson says:

What the heck does RealEstateZebra need with a ticket to Inman Connect? He works for Inman. He can print his own ticket.

Many many thanks to whoever voted for me. I don’t know who you are, but I love ya!

And I’ll love you more if you vote for me again… ;)

2. sandy slater says:

vote for THOMPSON!!! GO PHOENIXREALESTATEGUY!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

3. Lane Bailey says:

I voted for you Jay. I’m bummed I lost by 5 votes…

4. Lee Taylor says:

Flabbergasting. It’s flabbergasting to know that intowninsider.com made it this far in a nationwide competition!

Thanks to all who voted.

I saw Inez speak at REtech South and she is light years ahead of most real estate agents, most business people.

Her beautifully crafted blog, miamism.com is my competition in this round, and I am honored to be competing against such an esteemed and brilliantly hyper-local blogsite.

I’m asking myself right now, what would Ric Flair do?

That really is what I’m asking myself.

No holds barred, loser leaves town, stakes are high.

How cool is that?

5. Jay Thompson says:

Lane – I saw that 5 vote thing and thought, “Ugh. I think I’d rather not even know that”. That’s painful.

Lee – what would Ric Flair do? Body slam Ines?

I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Ines in real life, and she’s positively wonderful (we bonded in New York City in January. She from Miami, me from Phoenix — we didn’t handle the NYC cold very well).

My counterpart in this round is someone I respect the hell out of and consider a friend. Wait, that happened in Round 1 and 2 also!

I’m competitive to a fault. I love winning. But I *really* don’t like going up against my buds!

6. Lee Taylor says:

As I survey the narrowed field, I turn to the remarkable Jay Thompson and say, yeah, an Inman guy?

I also say – the overall winner is coming from Zone 2.

The Phoenix Real Estate Guy is a credit to the community; Daniel Rothamel, you have home field advantage.

Do you understand the magnitude and breadth of @PhxREguy ?

7. Lee Taylor says:

I ask what would Ric Flair do because ever since going to Furman University in Greenville, SC, that statement has been an inside joke amongst my friends.

He’s considered “the dirtiest player in the game” (the completely manufactured game of sports entertainment) and we’ve always joked about how, when he is beaten and bloodied, he manages to fire off a thumb to the eye, a low blow or he deploys a foreign object as a weapon.

I know that ’tis the season for March madness, but when this here Carolina boy sees him a single elimination tournament, he ain’t thinking about no basketball, he’s thinking about the squared circle and the histrionics of professional wrestling.

Regardless, I’m honored to be here.

Too cool.

8. Ron Tarvin says:

I voted for ya Jay! Go PhoenixRealEstateGuy.com!

9. Jay Thompson says:

For the record, I was hassling Daniel about printing a ticket to Inman. He’s a great agent, blogger and friend. If I go down in this round, I’ll be going down to a guy I have the utmost respect for.

And that’s not a bad thing.

10. Mary Harrington says:

Great job Jenny, wishing you the best of luck in this final round!

11. Latana Locke says:

Only 1 site teaches agents to be better agents and bloggers. The Agent Trainer takes you step by step, perfect for the regular agent and teaching them to be above and behond the average agent. He takes the fear out of technology for us mature agents.

12. Matthew can be counted on to be the first to bring his fellow agents the latest and greatest information on trends, technology, and important Realtor updates. I am a better agent as a result of his online presence.

13. Lane Bailey says:

Jay… It sucked to lose by 5 votes, but I was within 5 votes of Matthew Rathbun… I can accept that.

14. Linda says:

I would like to vote for Jennifer Ames . She is an outstanding real estate broker.

15. Great group of bloggers!!!

best of luck to all

16. Halina Krupa says:

Good Going

17. What a site–why wouldn’t it be 1st????? It has all the inside info for a metro area and then some.