May 11, 2009
Commonwealth contest winner
11 May 2009
Posted by Andrew Kantor
First, the answers:
1. What number goal was “Referee a Virginia State High School Basketball Tournament game” for Daniel Rothamel? 5
2. About how long has Danita Jackson’s real estate career been? 20 years
3. How much does the electronic version of NAR’s 2008 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers cost Realtors®? 0 dollars
4. What section of RESPA prohibits a seller from forcing a buyer to use a particular settlement service provider? 9
5. What page number is printed upside-down? 25
Your instructions were to add the numbers (= 59), subtract 1 (= 58), take half of that (= 29), and turn to that page in the magazine.
There you’ll see an ad for RE/MAX Allegiance. At the top are the words, "When you’re down and troubled; and you need a helping hand…."
You had to e-mail a picture of yourself holding up the answer to the question "What song does the phrase on top of the page come from?"
The final answer: "You’ve Got a Friend"
We took all the correct answers sent in (and yes, that included Kristen Thompson’s mirror shot) and randomly selected one.
And the winner of the Flip Mino HD camera is…
Debbie Shickel of Bishop Realty in Staunton!
(You need to drag yer mouse over the text to see it.)
Congratulations! The camera will be in the mail on Tuesday!
Look for our next contest, and another chance to win an HD video camera, in the next Commonwealth!