Jun 30, 2009
Commonwealth contest instructions!
30 Jun 2009
Posted by Andrew Kantor
Ready to see if you’ll win a Flip Mino HD camcorder? Then let’s get to it.
- Read all these instructions carefully before proceeding.
- You have five answers from the magazine. Take the first letter of each.
- Give those letters a numeric value using the traditional A=1, B=2, etc.
- You now have five numbers. Add the first four.
- Take that number and subtract the page number last month’s contest appeared on.
- Of that number and the last of your five original numbers, take the smaller of the two.
- Turn to that page in the magazine.
- In the main text (i.e., not the boxes), write down the first italicized word.
- Take the middle letter of that word.
- Take its numeric value (again, A=1, etc.).
- Double it.
- Note what letter has that value. (I.e., if you end up with 5, the letter is "E.")
- Turn to the masthead on page 1 of the magazine.
- Only one person on the masthead has a last name that begins with that letter. Write down all of this person’s designations (e.g., CAE, GRI, whatever) without punctuation.
- Add the numeric value of each of those letters.
- Take the square root of that number.
- Ignore the previous instructions.
- Curse yourself if you didn’t read all these instructions first.
- Turn to the back cover of the magazine.
- Note the person wearing a name badge in the photo.
- E-mail that person’s name to the editor of the magazine.
We will take all entries received by 11:59 PM tonight, June 30, 2009, and randomly draw one winner of the Flip Mino HD camcorder.