Sep 24, 2009
Commonwealth Contest instructions!
24 Sep 2009
Posted by Andrew Kantor
UPDATE: Contest extended until Sept. 30!
Got your copy of the September/October issue of Commonwealth? Got the contest answers filled in? Read the previous note about the error, so you know to skip question 3?
Good — let’s see if you’re a lucky winner of a Flip Mino HD video camera!
Here we go….
- Remember to skip question 3 — our bad!
- Take your four remaining answers, which consist of seven names (there’s at least one last name).
- Count the letters in those seven names.
- Add one.
- Go to that page in the September/October magazine.
- Add all the numbers on that page — ignore things like dollar or percent signs, but include any that are spelled out (e.g., seven is the same as 7). Look carefully.
- What’s the sum?
For example, "23% of Realtors spend more than $1,000 every six years" would give you 23 + 1000 + 6 or 1029.
Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g., email@example.com). Say nice things.
We’ll take all the correct entries received by 11:59 PM on
Sunday, September 27 Wednesday, September 30 and draw one winner at random. Easy peasy!