Blog Brawl 4: Round 1 VOTING

It’s time! Time to vote! In the Blog Brawl!

The qualifying contestants are in — now it’s up to you to pick the best.

Click the link below and choose up to eight of your favorites — the eight getting the most votes will move on to Round 2. (Click here if you need a refresher on how it’s all going down.)

Voting has ended.

(And cross yer fingers that our new polling system works properly.)

UPDATE: Here are links to all the contestants

Blog Brawl 4 Contestants (in no particular order)

About Andrew Kantor

Andrew is VAR's editor and information manager, and -- lessee now -- a former reporter for the Roanoke Times, former technology columnist for USA Today, and a former magazine editor for a bunch of places. He hails from New York with stops in Connecticut, New Jersey, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Roanoke.

18 Responses to Blog Brawl 4: Round 1 VOTING

1. Ok, that was a lot of reading and I have to admit I did not fully read each one (if I got bored I went on to the next one).
    Good luck to all

2. I will read that all first before voting to make sure that my vote will goes to the one that’s really deserve it.

3. Jeremy Isaac says:

Charles, if you got bored with one then you probably don’t need to vote for it anyway… hopefully it wasn’t mine though!

4. the link to the Phoenix Real Estate Guy looks wrong. and I’ve had one person say they received an error when they tried to vote. Ideas?

Thanks!

5. I must not be looking hard enough. When does voting end?

6. Andrew – after voting, is it possible to still see the blog posts anywhere? It appears that once the votes have been submitted, the link to the page is disabled. Is that on purpose? I understand that you don’t want multiple votes from the same isp address but it would be neat to be able to visit all the sites at your leisure.

Thanks for your efforts to set this up and once again, I am honored to be included.

7. Jeremy Isaac says:

Sean, I had the same problem and was able to view the list of posts by opening the page in another browser.

8. Jay Thompson says:

The link to my entry is not fixed, it leads to a 404 because of the “%22” at the end.

Please fix it and make it http://www.phoenixrealestateguy.com/how-much-do-real-estate-agents-make/

Pretty please?

9. @Sean: Gimme a few and I’ll put up a page with all the links.
    @Jay: It should be fixed now — it’s working on my end. Let me know if you still have a problem.

10. Jay Thompson says:

Thanks Andrew. I can’t check it, because I’ve already voted so I can’t see it any longer. If I can get to another PC on an different IP, I’ll take a look. And vote again.

11. Okey doke — contestant list is now a part of this post!

12. Lucky for me, I already read Jay’s post, so I didn’t need to worry about whether the link worked or not.

Good luck to everyone. Some great posts in there.

Interesting thing I noticed…most were more on the lengthy side, which is one of those constant “don’t do it” things I hear. Of course, I’m incapable of writing any short posts, so I found it encouraging that some of my favorite bloggers seem to work under the same guidelines as I do.

13. Jeremy Isaac says:

I think Jay will do OK even if half the people couldn’t read his post :)

Andrew, what time today does the voting end?

14. Jeremy: Are you saying that people are more likely to vote for Jay if they don’t read his post? :)

15. Chuck says:

Holy %$%$ I thought this was for Realtors not rock stars!!

16. Ann Noel says:

Chuck is the Best!

17. Jeremy Isaac says:

Matthew, that wasn’t my intent, but given the results Jay obviously still did ok. I, on the other hand, may have done better if they hadn’t read my post since I’ve been eliminated :)