Apr 01, 2010
Local governments pinched by declining revenue, climbing expenses
01 Apr 2010
Posted by VAR
School and county Boards of Directors are struggling to balance budgets amid declining tax revenues, cuts in state funding, and rising expenses. What they choose to do could affect homeowners for years to come.
Read more in local news….
- Hampton City Schools approves $184.48 million 2010-11 budget (Daily Press)
- Danville constitutional offices see budget cuts (The Danville Register & Bee)
- City tax collections lag (Tidewater News)
- School spending plan bothers supervisors (The Free-Lance Star)
- County hears calls for low taxes, better schools (The Charlottesville Daily Progress)
- Fauquier approves $247.6M budget (Star-Exponent)