All right, ladies and gents, boys and girls: Here are your final instructions for the contest in the May/June issue of Commonwealth. (It’s on page 42, if you missed it.)
It’s your chance to score yourself a slick Garmin Nuvi 1300 GPS and be the envy of your friends and, more importantly, your co-workers.
Ready? Of course you are.
The five questions in the magazine all have words or letters for their answers.
1. Ignore the answer with the fewest letters.
2. Of the other answers, there is one letter that appears in all of them. Figure it out.
2a. Yes, there is. If you don’t see it, one of your answers is wrong.
3. Using ye olde method of A=1, B=2, and so on, turn that letter into a number. (E.g., if it was Q, you might put down 19.)
4. Turn to that page in the magazine.
5. Assuming he was born on January 1 (and is still alive), how old is Tom today?
E-mail your answer to me, your humble editor (andrew [at] VARealtor [dot] com). We’ll take all the correct answers received by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, July 5 and randomly draw a winner.
So get cracking!
PS: Why yes, I do do my best to trick you in subtle ways. Are you surprised?
PPS: Don’t submit your answer as a comment. That just gives it to everyone else. E-mail it.