Sep 15, 2010
Commonwealth contest: You’re gonna hate me
15 Sep 2010
Posted by Andrew Kantor
Here’s what you need to do:
0. The answers to all five questions are names
1. Forget about the last names.
2. Looking at the first names, one consonant appears most often. Write down how many times it appears. Call this number A.
3. Still in the first names, only one of them doesn’t contain that consonant. Which number question did that answer come from (i.e., 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5)? Call that number B.
4. Subtract B from A.
5. Turn to that page in the magazine.
Here comes the part where you hate me.
6. An animal is mentioned on that page. Draw a picture of that animal, and fax it to me at (804) 262-0497. Be sure to include your name, firm, and e-mail address as well.
UPDATE: The deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m., Sunday, September 19. We’ll take all the correct answers received by then and randomly draw one. The submitter wins the Vado. Simple!