Oct 20, 2010
NAR dissects foreclosure moratorium in October 28 webinar
20 Oct 2010
Posted by VAR
Even though the thaw is beginning, you can get a better understanding of the foreclosure freeze brought on by the national robo-signing scandal (click here to see how they’re affecting Virginia) in a 60 minute webinar from NAR on Thursday, October 28 at 3 p.m. EDT. Your presenters will cover:
- Judicial vs. non-judicial foreclosures: Why does the distinction matter?
- Is purchase of an owner’s title policy necessary for buyer protection? Why doesn’t regular title insurance protect the buyer in these cases?
- Under what circumstance can a buyer of a foreclosed home lose that home if the foreclosure wasn’t processed correctly? Does the distinction between judicial and non-judicial foreclosure come into play here?
- Foreclosure rules differ in each state, but are there general rules that apply in all cases?
- What are the latest developments among banks and regulators on the foreclosure freezes?