Nov 01, 2010
VOTE: Tues., Nov. 2 is Election Day
01 Nov 2010
Posted by VAR
It’s important to vote. You already knew that. But as government and the housing market have become increasingly intertwined over the past few years, your vote for a candidate has actually become more important than ever before: Your vote has become a vote for your paycheck, your income, your way of life.
Think about the important real estate votes that have been taken since the last election. Did you earn a commission from a transaction that involved the Homebuyer Tax Credit? That’s just one example of how government involvement in the housing market affects Realtors.
You owe it to yourself to support candidates who support your ability to make a good living in real estate. The RPAC of Virginia Trustees, made up of Virginia Realtors just like you, endorsed candidates after carefully reviewing their voting records on real estate issues. Check out RPAC of Virginia’s endorsements and remember to vote on Tuesday, November 2.
- Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Bring a government-issued ID to your polling place
- Click here to see RPAC of Virginia’s endorsements
- Click here to read about two Constitutional Amendments on the ballot regarding property taxes
- Click here to locate your polling place or to see if your polling place has moved
- Click here to make sure you’re registered to vote (Not registered? Click here to register for next year’s elections)
Vote for your paycheck. Vote for the RPAC endorsed candidate in your district.