Train to teach real estate

Looking to expand your career beyond buying and selling property? An obvious choice: Become an instructor. And the first step is VAR’s Instructor Training Institute — a three-day course where you’ll learn to create instructional presentations (and no, we don’t mean just PowerPoint).

In fact, the ITI is a pre-requisite to joining the Virginia Realtor Institute faculty.

Think of it this way: Why not have the potential to teach as an option? Whether it’s the potential extra income, a break from your current Realtor work, or something you always wanted to do, it’s worth having this course under your belt.

The details:

May 18-20, 2011
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. each day
VAR Headquarters, Glen Allen
Tuition, including all materials and videotape of presentations: $275.

And for all the details, click here.

register-online

About Andrew Kantor

Andrew is VAR's editor and information manager, and -- lessee now -- a former reporter for the Roanoke Times, former technology columnist for USA Today, and a former magazine editor for a bunch of places. He hails from New York with stops in Connecticut, New Jersey, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Roanoke.
This entry was posted in The Buzz. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Train to teach real estate

1. Roy V Ward says:

I am interested as I now have lic to teach. I can’t do it this month, when is the next time for the class.

2. theresa kim says:

What are the requirements for teaching other than this 3 day course? I am not a broker but in my 10th year as a sales associate.

Thanks,

Theresa Kim

3. Greg Josephs says:

I’d like to take the instructor training but can’t afford three workdays away. Please keep me posted!

4. Ray Mauk says:

I notice that every time a class is offered that interests me, it’s held in Richmond. Are most of the VAR Realtors in Richmond? Do you ever hold any classes in Northern Virginia?

Thanks,

Ray Mauk
    Associate Broker
    RE/MAX Select Properties
    Sterling, Ashburn, Leesburg

5. Betty Miller says:

I am very interested in taking this course but cannot do it in May. I would like to know when it will be given again. Please keep me posted.

6. Deb Clark says:

Please send me further info. I would like to add to my current teaching experience. I cannot attend those three days, but would like to take this course.

7. Tracey Floridia says:

We try to hold this class once a year. If you’re interested in being notified the next time we schedule it, please email educator at varealtor dot com and we’ll notify you as soon as it is scheduled.

8. Steve Hall says:

Please keep me notified of futre classes.

9. Tracey Floridia says:

The next offering of this course will be Feb. 29-Mar. 2, 2012. To register or for additional information go to http://www.varealtor.com/instructortraining

10. Holly Sloper says:

Have looked into this previously, but location was not good. Need a Northern VA location, please.