Jul 26, 2011
Mortgage is 3rd most expensive Google AdWord
26 Jul 2011
Even if you haven’t heard of Google ads, you have certainly seen them at some point when you were surfing the Web. Google makes billions of dollars each year on their AdWords program. The basic premise is that Google displays ads that correlate with whatever is being searched. To up their chance of getting clicked on, advertisers can purchase more exposure based on certain keywords.
1. Insurance (example keyword: “auto insurance price quotes”)
2. Loans (example keyword: “consolidate graduate student loans”*) *Note that the other examples on the infographic follow this example with “fixed home equity loans”, “cheapest homeowner loans”, and “fixed rate secured loans”
3. Mortgage (example keyword: “refinanced second mortgages”)
4. Attorney (example keyword: “personal injury attorney”)
5. Credit (example keyword: “home equity line of credit”)
This just goes to show that people looking for help, be it financial or otherwise, will always be a prime target for advertisers or worse. REALTORS®, remember that your good advice is paramount to protecting your clients from bad decisions and disreputable companies. Keep up the ethical conduct – your credibility and your clients depend on you.