Apr 13, 2012
Being a Realtor — could be worse
13 Apr 2012
Posted by Andrew Kantor
So CareerCast.com ranked 200 jobs from best to worst, and real estate agent ranked #155, tied with office machine repairer.
Of the 154 or so jobs that are ranked better than being a real estate agent (based on “physical demands, work environment, income, stress, and hiring outlook”) are:
- janitor (#151);
- seaman (152);
- retail salesperson (138);
- sewage plant operator (114);
- nuclear decontamination technician (115); and
- vending machine repairer (88).
What’s worse than being a real estate agent?
- highway patrol officer (157)
- child care worker(159)
- bartender (162)
- conservationist (188)
And, because I know you’ll want to know, the worst job you can have… lumberjack. And the best? Software engineer.