May 15, 2012
All about you: NAR’s membership profile
15 May 2012
Posted by Andrew Kantor
NAR’s 2012 membership profile is out, and it’s full of interesting stuff about, well, you.
While (by definition) half of you earn less than $35K per year, 17% earn $100K or more.
One reason the number isn’t higher: Only about a third hold any kind of designation or certification. (Realtors who have even one typically earn a heck of a lot more than those with none. Shameless plug: Consider getting your GRI.)
Let’s see… what else is there?
- The median Realtor age is 56; it was 52 back in 1998.
- Half of Realtors have been with their current firm at least five years.
- There are fewer new Realtors out there — most (53%) have at least 11 years of experience, and the typical sales agent has nine years.
- Broker-owners, meanwhile, typically have 25 years in the biz.
- More than three-quarters consider real estate to be their only occupation, but that’s down from 2005 when about 81% did.