Author Archives: Blake Hegeman, Deputy General Counsel

VAR introduces commercial forms

NOTE: The phone number originally given for the Richmond Association of Realtors was incorrect. It has been corrected in this version. The Virginia Association of Realtors is pleased to announce the addition of commercial forms to its Forms Center! Through … Continue reading

Posted in The Buzz | Leave a comment

It’s best to fill out your own inspection contingency removal addenda

Recently we’ve learned that some home inspectors, as a service to real estate agents, are preparing inspection contingency removal addenda after performing the home inspection. Drafting contracts for others is the practice of law in Virginia, and it is therefore … Continue reading


Sign Installation

The Division of Utility and Railroad Safety of the Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC) has begun a campaign to educate the real estate industry about compliance with the Underground Utility Damage Prevention Act. The Act essentially provides that notification must … Continue reading


Form Changes

The Virginia Association of REALTORS® has made the following changes to its forms: Form 600 (Residential Contract of Purchase) has been updated. Section 18 has been revised to include statutorily required Consumer Real Estate Settlement Protection Act (CRESPA) disclosure language. … Continue reading


There’s a new residential disclosure statement in town

As you may know, the Virginia Real Estate Board (VREB) recently amended the Virginia Residential Disclosure Statement to comply with the provisions of House Bill 1856, enacted at the 2009 General Assembly. HB 1856 requires the following language to be … Continue reading


Earnest Money Deposits

Blogmaster’s note: Please welcome VAR’s Associate Counsel, Blake Hegeman, as the newest VARbuzz contributor! Did you know that VAR has a library of commonly asked legal questions? It’s called the Legal Resources Center, and VAR members can access it on … Continue reading

Leave a comment