Welcome to VARbuzz, the official blog of the Virginia Association of Realtors.
You are welcome to post comments on entries here, provided…
- You are a human being
- Your comments are related to the subject of the entry
- You aren’t trying to advertise your business
- A reasonable person would not find them to be offensive or inordinately insulting — in other words, blast the ideas if you must, but not the people
- The content isn’t illegal, threatening, or otherwise Something You Know You Shouldn’t Post
If we ask for your e-mail address when you comment, it’s just so we can get in touch with you about that comment if necessary. We won’t give/sell/trade that address to anyone for any reason, nor will we add you to any mailing list of ours without your consent.
Feel free to link to our posts from your own site and to excerpt them. But no, you can’t copy them wholesale, even with attribution. You should already know that, but hey.
We try to be accurate; we almost always succeed. Ergo, we can’t guarantee it, so don’t bet your life’s savings based on something you read here. There’s a whole Internet out there; trust, but verify.
VARbuzz is written by several people. What they write expresses their opinions, not necessarily VAR’s. So if a post says, “Vanilla is the finest of the flavors,” don’t assume that vanilla is now the official flavor of VAR. Everyone else may prefer chocolate.
In order to maintain our “safe harbor” status, we won’t edit any comments; we will, however, delete those we feel violate these terms — or for other reasons or no reason. If you post a comment and want to edit it later, . He’s usually pretty friendly.
We link to other sites. We may provide feeds from other sites. We have no control over the content of those sites. Duh. So we’re not responsible if you follow a link and find yourself looking at something you don’t like.
Oh, and just because we link to a site doesn’t mean we agree with everything there. Nor do we vouch for its accuracy, endorse any products or services it sells, and so on.
Speaking of which, just because we mention a product, service, or company on this site doesn’t imply an endorsement.
This blog is made available by VAR for our members and the public to share information about real estate-related topics. By accessing and/or posting on VAR’s blog you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- VAR grants you a limited right to access, use and display the blog and its material, provided that you comply fully with these terms and conditions.
- You may not post content that is illegal, obscene, defamatory, infringing on intellectual property rights, threatening or is otherwise objectionable. VAR reserves the right to delete messages for any reason.
- This blog may be changed without notice and its information is not guaranteed to be complete, correct or up-to-date.
- The opinions expressed on this blog are the opinions of the individual authors and should not be construed as reflecting the opinions of VAR members, staff or its clients.
- While VAR makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this blog, VAR does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness.
- Reference to any commercial product, process, or service does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by VAR.
- At certain places on this blog, live links to other websites can be accessed. Such external sites contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by organizations independent of VAR. VAR does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external sites, nor any commercial product or service referenced therein, and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness of information located on these sites.
- VAR assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from use of the information contained herein or obtained at linked sites, and expressly disclaims all liability for damages arising out of use, reference to, reliance on, or performance of such information.
- VAR reserves the right to modify at any time these terms and conditions.
VAR Antitrust Policy
Topics that may give an appearance of an agreement to violate the antitrust laws may not be discussed on VARbuzz.com.
Members shall not discuss with any competitor their individual company policies relating to prices or related types of sensitive information, including (a) commission levels, fees, business expenses or other business information or policies which would allow or encourage price fixing or maintenance; (b) bids on contracts for particular properties or any information which would allow or encourage bid rigging; (c) a firm’s competitive business decisions; (d) duration or types of listing agreements the firm will enter into or the form of compensation the firm will accept or negotiate; (e) the compensation offered or paid to a firm’s agents or employees; (f) plans concerning any proposed or existing customers, clients or territories; (g) any other actions that might be construed as concerted attempts to restrain competition, including joint attempts to control or affect prices, market conditions, marketing practices, customer choice, or the like.
It is the responsibility of each member to avoid raising improper subjects for discussion. However, if discussion of any inappropriate topics occurs on VARbuzz.com, all members participating in the discussion should openly disassociate themselves from such discussions, and inform VAR staff immediately.